More Updates

more updates south dakota badlands
Badlands of South Dakota

Using Drupal 7, I built my last website. The learning curve was a little steep, but the end result was OK. After two and a half years, I decided it was limiting my goals for the site. Tonight I made a few more updates to this site.


While the majority of the updates tonight have been on the back-end, there have been some cosmetic changes. To make the site easier to maintain, I added spam protection, search engine optimization software and assorted other plug-ins.

As I continue to research additional plug-ins, I will be adding those that are beneficial to this website. Some of the software has an upgrade option to add functionality to the package. I will buy them in time.

I do still maintain a site based on Drupal 7 for our ham radio club. WordPress is giving me a good education into a different website builder.

The stock theme was rather boring. I purchased a more advanced theme with greater customization options. I am still trying to get a grasp for the feel for my new website. There is be some cosmetic changes in the future, I am sure. As the amount of content grows, changes will become necessary.


The previous website was under constant attack from people with malicious intent. The new software will provide me with the resources needed to limit this activity. This is the world we live in these days, like it or not.

More updates will continue over the winter months as I get a better handle on the tools provided to me by this software. Articles will soon be written, discussing my radio equipment, digital modes and operating techniques.

The biggest goal was making sure all the “behind the scenes” stuff was fully updated and correctly configured….which I accomplished.